Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Blue Jay spring wreath.....just for spring.

 I usually don't do wreaths, except for Christmas. It's not that I don't like them, but I hate seeing dingy ,weather beaten plastic flowers outside. Christmas wreaths are an exception, because hopefully they are only going to be displayed during the holiday season and taken down before they become tired and tattered. Yuk!
 But this year I needed some spring color in my life, because spring just can't seem to get itself together here, so I made a wreath for the front door.
 I wanted blue to be my main color, blue Iris's, viola's, blue eggs, feathers, a blue birdhouse. A little nest for the Blue jay's, and some preserved Magnolia leafs. I even cut some real Magnolia branches and painted the pending flower buds blue.
 To hang the wreath I used blue ribbon too. Come on spring, I'm ready!!

Now mind you this wreath is just for spring, I'll take it down before the weather has it's way with it, I'll pack it away,and if I choose to use it again next year, I'll be sure to freshen it up. Because the only thing worse than an old tattered spring wreath making another appearance, is a spring wreath in the summer.




Mmmmmmm. You know what these are don't you.......strawberry's
 Yep the Bad Cat was at it again, this time working his magic with one of my favorites.
 Strawberry pie!!!

This is just a taste of what's to come, I think he wanted some spring color too.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that the wreath is really beautiful... I can't believe I ever doubted you.

    ReplyDelete