Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Is In The Air!!!!!.......we hope.

 Spring is in the air once again here in Michigan. It's been a long hard winter, finally Mother nature has changed the channel to warmer temps and longer days (Thank God!) The river is thawing, and Ive seen Robins in the backyard. Oh we're not out of the woods yet this is Michigan anything can happen...but we are closer.
 Another sure sign that spring is in the air are Crocus, one of my favorites!!  I didn't plant any last fall in my beds, but I have see them elsewhere blooming their little hearts off.
I get so excited when I see them, this is spring to me. I can remember them from my childhood....admiring them in yards on my way home from school. I used to think they were tiny Tulips....now I know better!
My Mother once planted them along our driveway, I can remember showing them to one of my Kindergarten classmates. In my old neighborhood I still look for old plantings of them that I can remember. Someone else must have loved them too..... whats not to love?
 So this fall I'm gonna plant some crocus, after a long winter they are just a small reminder that spring is in the air. Try them, affordable and easy to grow, and next spring when you see them you'll know spring is in the air rejoice,rejoice!!I
 I love deviled eggs, another sign of Spring to me. Of course my  Bad Kitty had to put on a special egg show.
 My two Bad Cats in the kitchen.










1 comment:

  1. I love Crocus too! But tulips is when I know that spring has sprung..The pics are beautiful, and the deviled eggs look yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete