Friday, March 25, 2011

I'll Give You A Rose Garden

 It was snowing again. Maybe we're not ready for spring. Maybe It's because I have yet to put away winter decorations. "Oh come on"
 I have plans. This strip along the fence would be a great place for a rose garden don't you think?
 Most of the day it's in full sun. I can just picture myself strolling along the walk admiring this garden in the morning with a cup of coffee in hand
 Strawberry yogurt....pink and creamy.
 The rose garden wouldn't be exclusive to roses, I'd  have a variety of Perennials and annuals  all in the same color range. Though the roses would be the stars of this bed I want other plants to support them. Peonies would be a great partner, they bloom right before the roses, and the colors here are yummy! 
 I love the David Austin English roses, they come in such great colors. I love the cabbage forms, and the fragrance is to die for. This is what a rose should smell like.

 Pinks,blush,and lavenders are my favorites...... bonito!!
 Roses start blooming mid spring til frost. I have even seen them blooming in November.
 Monarda's would be a great companion plant, they come in shades of pinks,red, white lavenders and reds. Monarda commonly called Bee balm is in the mint family, it's aromatic and I love the flower forms it too blooms in the summer.
 I like white roses too, they tend to cool down surrounding colors and add a quiet elegance.
 Another great partner for roses are Purple Cone Flowers, these are my most favorite daisies. They look best planted in groups of at least three or more. I want this garden to be lush.
 The Bad Cat has mentioned that he likes Hydrangeas,the pink and blue ones. They work well with roses too. They'll work in this garden don't you think?  let's make him happy.
 He likes Poppies too I think. The red ones may not work here though, they have a lot of orange in them, but then again maybe they would, since they bloom early in the season and will be done before the roses start. You have to try to please everyone, who knows they might be a pleasant surprise. That's what gardening is all about. Timing is everything.
 Maybe he'll like the pink ones.
Perennial Hibiscus would be great too, the huge tropical like flower would add a special touch to the late summer garden after the Monarda's and look almost unreal....great colors too!

The bed is pretty long, and the possibilities are endless....I just listed a few of my Ideas and a few plants, but I think you get it. This rose garden could be drop dead gorgeous don't you think....we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment