Saturday, September 10, 2016

Playing with concrete


Concrete is such a great material, versatile, strong, weather resistant, easy to work with, and heavy
I decided to make some small containers out of it.


Did I mention how cheap concrete is?
Well in case I didn't it's cheap too.


So why was I playing with concrete?
Well....... being a creative kinda guy I had this notion of making some small containers for some Sedums and other small plants to decorate my office with this winter

I love the rough textures of the little pots,, they have a worn and weathered look to them.
also they kinda look like ancient remains


The Cicada shells were just begging to be in the photo's


Perfect for Sedums

 More Cicadas


To form the concrete pots I used drainage tiles, the kind you use to extend gutter downspouts. And card board boxes.
Take a look





No comments:

Post a Comment