Thursday, August 25, 2016

Using vegetables and fruits in floral designs


I am by no means a Florist.
Though on occasion I have been asked to do some floral arrangements for special events, parties and such.
I can't turn them down, so I put something together for them 
After all my company is :
E.  E.  C  U M  M  I  N  G  S 
garden & design


I am always game for something that has to do with flowers, gardening, Landscape design, and floral design all fall into this spectrum.



One thing I love to do is incorporate fruits and vegetables into my work.
and why not? 
Fruits and vegetables  add a whole new texture to the arrangement, be that missing color, and just add more interest. 
Let's face it anyone can place cut flowers  in a vase and say"tah dah"
but when you add fruit it becomes "Tah Dah Bam Boom"

Here's a look at some flower arrangements that  use fruits and vegetables, and something to think about when you do your next flower arrangement.

Just have some extra fruits on hand just in case you or your guest get hungry.










No comments:

Post a Comment