Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The last pot.

              Well, I tried to run from it, I turned off all the lights and pretended not to be home. I did not answer the door when it was on my front porch. But there was no escaping it........Fall found me.
               
               It came in with it's gaudy fall colors and it's chilly air "YOU CAN'T HIDE" it yelled at me while holding a pumpkin in one hand and a leaf rake in the other. I stood in the corner by the window and cried.

He told me not to worry, " you can still plant a fall pot before my brother winter arrives with his snow and ice, feezing you to the bones"

Cabbages ,Kales and Lettuce love the cooler temperature's. "Secure your purple sticks and your Eucalyptus tight in the un-frozen soil, so my Autumn winds will not shake them loose" he said with a chill in his voice and a smile on his lips.

So I did.

"Get your bulbs planted  for the spring, and your pumpkins carved" he reminded me.


I also gave the lawn a final cut, and raked up some leaves..... I planted my last pot of the year.
He welcomed himself to a cup of coffee and a seat in the kitchen and asked, " what's for Thanksgiving dinner?


1 comment:

  1. Dear Husband,

    Sometimes you surprise me with the beauty and eloquence of your words and your work... and then I am reminded of how it came to be that I first fell in love with you and how it is that that loves grows with every passing day.

    You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete