Friday, January 6, 2012

Learning to Crochet

In my attempt to better myself I'm learning to Crochet. Actually I don't know how much better I will be , so lets just say I'm learning something new. Since it's winter ,and I have a couple of months before I can get back to the gardens...why not learn to Crochet.

There are a couple of reasons why I waned to learn to Crochet, the first being I saw these little crocheted wreaths on holiday gift cards and thought, "those are really nice, I wish I could make those" Now mind you I'm not going to be making Afghan's and mittens at least not for a while... if ever. I just think it would be nice to give some homemade gifts out next Christmas, in my attempt to have a more natural/homemade
Holiday.

So I went out, got some yarn, researched some websites and to my surprise I learned how to make those little wreaths. Here they are in green and in twine. I had the twin here at home and thought since I was going for that whole natural thing why not make some really rustic looking wreaths. 

 Ive decided to use my wreaths on Christmas cards. I'm going to add some ribbon to them and attach them to cards. This will show everyone " Yep, he can crochet too" maybe it will come with a scarf and a
matching hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment