Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Last look at our Holiday lights 2011

I know this is a funky picture...but I like it. The way the lights look almost like flames flickering in the wind. Night and lights are a slight problem for my photographic skills, these pictures were taken at dusk.

The Holiday season is one of my most favorite times of the year. I love decorating for the season...always have, since I was a small child. Though my decorating style has changed from my earlier years the thrill is still there. To me it's what the season is all about, beside the true meaning of Christmas.

 This is my final design for our house this year....a little low key I know. You don't want to scare people, I think this display says " we are enjoying the season"

Balls of lights in the boulders, since we don't have any foundation shrubs  to hold lights. Hmmmmm, could this be a trend to explore even further....I think it just might!

Even our backyard gets in on the show, this is the view from the breakfast room. Why should the back garden be ignored....I think not, especially when it's viewed from the inside.

I take lots of pictures this time of year. I wish we could decorate in such a way all year long, but we have to have something to look foward to.

My style of decorating is really just another way to decorate the garden. Lights and branches in pots are just a continuation of the whole garden season.


1 comment:

  1. It was all very beautiful... Thank you for making our home so festive.

    ReplyDelete