Sunday, September 4, 2011

MY New backyard garden. phase one

Let me first say that of course Christopher hates this pot "It don't go with the house, it's too modern"
I love it. Besides I already owned it, I just brought it to my new house and planted it for this garden.

The new garden has a somewhat Formal feel with a hint of modern. Straight lines, Boxwood balls, Arborvite and Lime light hydrangeas are the bones for this garden. The Hosta's pick up the color of the Hydrangeas, and kinda ground the height of the Arbs. They may look a bit tattered this year because I just rescued them from my old garden. The white Begonia's were one of Christopher's Ideas, I HATE them.

As mentioned in a earlier post I needed to hide that garage door, though the Arborvite don't completely hide this view, they do make a statement "the garden is in here"

 This old pear tree has to go, what a mess it makes.


I like to think of pots as a sort of testing lab for future plantings. I've never  used this combination before, but i like it.

I planted my tomatoes in pots outside the kitchen door, my version of a kitchen garden.

This is what we're calling the Terra-cota garden. Actually these are the terra-cota pots that Christopher wouldn't let me have on the upper terrace.


No comments:

Post a Comment