Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor day,2011, 65 degrees

What a turn the weather has taken, a few days ago it was hot, I mean really hot, fry an egg on the pavement hot. Then after some severe storms it cooled off, it really cooled down, turn on the furnace and put on a sweater cool down.

My pots are beginning to show the signs of fall approaching. I look forward to the new season, anew interpretation of the garden is underway

The lime Nicotiana is more often out of bloom than in now, and my petunias are showing signs of mildew, they are tired now their dance is coming to an end.

My papyrus is heavy and breaking in the cool strong winds, sending up fewer new stalks

Labor day , the unofficial end to summer, my pots are getting tired, and so am I. All the chores of summer are coming to an end, time to slow down a bit, reflect, and get ready for act three....Fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment