Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Looking back: The balcony garden

I have the fortune of having a second floor porch that over looks my backyard from a new perspective.

 It's almost a secret garden that few people know of, I love the privacy of it. I take my morning cup of coffee here, and watch the sunset in the evenings.

This was my first year planting this garden, The Big Bad Cat knew of the space but never used it, it's the perfect place for a garden I convinced him,and so it came to be.

It is a container garden in fact, this is where I can experiment with different planting ideas. The color scheme for this planting was red, white, green, with variation's on each color.


 The containers are all brown, a request of the Big Bad Cat, the obelisk is copper colored, ya know I had to have my say here too.


The little kitty enjoys it as well

It's a great spot for squirrel watching

 The plants all grew large and lush, daily hand waterings were necessary, a roof top container garden dries out really fast, winds don't help.








The outdoor rugs and seating turned this into more of an outdoor room.








I really did enjoy this garden and plan to do it again next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment