Friday, October 14, 2016

Warming up to Autum


I am beginning to warm up to Autumn
I am after all a Gardner and fall is another opportunity to plant.

By now most of us are tired of summer and the heat that came with it, and all the chores of  gardening. 

It can become a bit monotonous as it begins to wear on you, your ready for a
break, it's time to put the garden to rest.
Time to take a deep breath of cooler air..... ahh yes it's 
Autumn

Mind you I didn't always feel this way about Autumn, the reason being you all know what the next season is, but we won't go there just yet. 


This is just one of my truck hauls of plants that I have been collecting for my fall planting.
I do love plant shopping no matter what the season.

These plants will find their way into my client yards.

My interpretation of Autumn is about to begin


The colors of Autumn can be spectacular, that's for sure.
Just look at the colors of these Chrysanthemums they are the big show plants for this season.



Ornamental Cabbages and kales  can also put forth some great color this time of year, and they get even better with the cooler temps.

They also have the added feature of being able to work great in almost any garden situation ,whether it be formal, modern, or casual


Red cabbages have become a new favorite of mine.
Not only is their size impressive for plant materials for this time of year,
the coloration of the foliage is amazing



Here's more of the plant materials I'll be using.
A lot of the plants used this time of year are cool season crops, and are able to withstand some frost


I am warming up to Autumn, and welcome the change it brings.
A chance for new Idea's, new plantings, challenges, and small miracles will
occur.
This is what gardening is all about

Celebrate the season of the harvest, and warm up to
Autumn, it can be a beautiful time of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment