Sunday, February 11, 2018

The parking break is on


Gardening? just a far off dream here in Michigan. and that's fine with me, we all need a break



A lot of gardeners like to spend the winter month's looking over seed catalogs, planning the garden

counting down the days till spring when they can get back into the soil.

Not me, spring will get here when it get's here. 

Iv'e learned just because the calendar says spring, does not mean it's really spring

Mother Nature decides when it's spring, and so do I





I don't start seeds in little peat pots on my window sills trying to get a jump start on the season.

Let someone else bother with that

I purchase transplants (a spoiled Gardener, maybe)




I do enjoy my winter containers with their coats of snow,






Especially at night



Shoveling is almost a daily ritual.




I do long to be back in the garden, but for now this is my garden, and my reality.

It's like the engine is still running but the parking brake is still on

and that's fine with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment