Wednesday, August 26, 2015

My wardrobe has colors now


I can remember a time when I was not a fan of "Cottage Style" gardens. 
like liver, I was just not a fan. 


They always looked like a mish-mash of plants with no rhyme or reason. 
I much preferred order and simplicity
not just of plant materials but of colors as well


Like my favorite wardrobe of all black clothing 
Everything went with everything

Gardens lined in Boxwood, this was my style


to pin-point it I never took these types of gardens seriously.
the owners were just throwing any thing in the ground and hoping to create a garden.


Now that has changed. 
I'm learning to like these gardens, and the gardeners who create these
spaces



I'm learning to appreciate the play on colors and textures, and the freedom to plant what ever pleases you
where ever
The fun of growing what you like.
and this is what gardening is all about


How things change
I still  like some order in a garden, straight lines, and masses of one variety.

I still don't like liver, some things don't change

But I have a wardrobe with many colors of clothing now


This I am starting to like

No comments:

Post a Comment