Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Clean cuts



I can't understand why some people hate to prune shrubs.
This is one job that brings so much satisfaction to me.
As tedious as it may seem, I do not mind. I find it therapeutic in a way



Maybe it's the artist in me, My gears turn towards being a sculptor.
Creating a living sculpture.
Maybe this is why some people think of horticulture as a form of art.


Maybe it's the end results. When I look back at my work and see the crisp sharpness of the cuts, and the neatness that has been achieved


There is nothing wrong with a garden that is wild and untamed.
 But this is not that garden. This is a formal boxwood hedge, it was designed  to be
crisp.





Maybe it's the sound of the shears.
Yes hand shears here, none of that electric crap. I find that electric shears do more tearing than cutting.
I don't mind that it takes longer either.
Clean cuts


No comments:

Post a Comment