Sunday, March 3, 2013

birds nest

A sure sign of spring in my garden are the return of the robins.
I watch them picking at the soil, digging worms for their young, and building nest.
I have not seen any yet though....too early
Meanwhile I'll share with you some pics of some strange and unusual birds nest in Africa.

 These nest can house of to 100 birds or more of several different species.
I'm glad our Robins don't build nest of this magnitude.

 It's now March, winter will be over soon and the Robins will return.

1 comment:

  1. What a fascinating nest Eddie, I have never seen anything like it. I have a friend who goes to Africa often and loves all things African - I shall direct her to your site. It is nice to think that various birds share it, but who builds it, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete