Monday, January 7, 2013

Looking forward

  Another gardening year has come to an official close. The Christmas decorations are being packed  away, the days are cold and short, the Holiday rush is over and there is snow on the ground. Not much gardening to be done now. It's that time of year when all you can do is dream and plan for the next garden season ahead.
Many gardeners like to spend this time looking through garden books, seed catalogues, and magazines, I am not one of these. I prefer to make my plans by thinking of the past gardens. I keep mental notes of what worked, what did not, and how to improve. I remember how a plant grows, what should be replaced, how  something grew, as well as the best colors for a spot. I pay attention to water and light requirements. In other words I start planning while I'm gardening.

Sure the are new plants I want to try, or should I say new combinations of plants to try. I can not wrap my thoughts around these plants until I see them. I'm more of a hands on gardener.

So for now all I can do is look forward. Soon the tulips that I planted this past fall will start to emerge, this I look forward to.

I'm just looking forward to gardening, this is my plan, who knows what will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment