Monday, December 19, 2011

Red is for Winter, it's a tradition.

Red is a color near and dear to my heart this time of year. Winter is the one season where the use of red materials is encouraged. It just looks good this time of year.

Funny, when I plant this clients pots and annuals in the spring and summer , the color red is a big "NO NO"
The winter pots are encouraged to have something red in them, whether it be red lights or red twig dogwood branches
Notice the red berried wreaths. 

What ever color my clients want me to decorate with I am happy to oblige. I especially love when they leave the color choice up to me. These wreaths pretty much dictated what color should be used here, and red works on this small porch, it shows well.

Red is a popular color this season, it has a familiar quality to it with Santa's suit, holly berries and all. These pot arrangements may have a modern theme to them but the colors are in keeping with the traditional colors of the season.

Traditional colors for the winter season, they work well here, and for me

No comments:

Post a Comment