Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The holiday wreath on my front door.

The holiday wreath is always a great welcome gesture this time of year. I decided to make...or rather decorate my own this year.

Using some left-over ornaments (glass, that have been sealed for water tightness) magnolia leafs, fake berries, and pine cones. Normally I would not use any glass outside, b t I've herd that by making them water tight they should do fine. I used a feather ornament too, kinda waiting to see how this hold up to the weather too.

I used colors that went with my color scheme of reds, greens, and
golds. I kinda like for things to match, must be the designer in me. Two colors are boring , three
works best for me......sometimes four. Kinda depends on the colors.

 When decorating your own wreath one problem is not knowing when to stop adding things to it. I wanted
my wreath to look natural with some green showing and even if the wreath is fake greenery.By adding some real element to the wreath, I think it come out pretty real looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment