Thursday, October 20, 2011

Up staging an old master.

I was recently asked to redo a container  planting for a new client. It was previously done by a famous garden designer, whose name I shall not mention, OK, I will mention it Deborah Silver.

This client paid a hefty price for this planting and thought she was taken. I have worked with this designer and thought "yep you were taken". The planting was dreadful. It lacked any color or excitement, something my new client longed for, she was disappointed with the results.


It was late in the growing season when she contacted me, there was little I could do for her in the way of annuals, most nursery's were done for that season. Plant materials were just too hard to find now, actually impossible.

Our best bet was to concentrate on Fall. I wish she had contacted me earlier.

The garden is small and shady, but full of possibilities. My new client is open to new Ideas. I'll have fun here.

Mr. Froggy Ill give you a garden you can be happy with. You loss D.S. one more point for me. HA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment