Sunday, October 16, 2011

A great garden and good friends revisited

Recently I revisited a garden that I helped to plan and plant, and it's owners. The garden is truly magical and wonderful and so are the owners.

 Before the house was finished the garden was already in the planning, these are truly garden lovers, my favorite people. Just think their love of gardens came from wanting a cutting garden.

 We must have spent at least a month here,planning and planting this garden. The owners were quite certain of what the garden should look like. In the end what happened is a happy surprise.

Small plants are now of a mature size, the garden has melded together beautifully. It was great to see all the plants so healthy. Check out the Sum and Substance hosta's

 The gardens have also been maintained beautifully, not a hair or rather leaf is out of place. This if you can believe is the dog run. Lucky dog.

This was always one of my most favorite views. I can remember having my lunch on this stone.

 The garden has a sense of whimsy to it too, you feel like your in a urban park. This is a view from the play house terrace.

The play house was moved from the owners old house, a special garden was designed just for this house. I painted the playhouse at the old house and then the owners asked me to paint it again in it's new garden, I was honored .

 extensive stone work was installed. This patio shows of a eccentric mix of furniture.

Huge over sized orbs ad a sense of play to the garden and reflect the owners young a heat attitude. They know how to have fun in the garden. It is after all a garden.

The iron gates are works of art themselves. A chartreuse maple frame this entrance.


The garden is filled with treasures,such as this cherub pot. The owners have collected art, and this garden is perfect for showing it off.

I hope to revisit this garden in a couple of years from now, I'm sure it will be just as magical, maybe even more so.

No comments:

Post a Comment