Thursday, December 12, 2013

The final dance

The Hydrangea's were dancing above the Yew's. The last dance of the season some might say, the Grand finale to the season.

I Know a lot of people are thinking about decorating their homes and gardens this time of year including myself.  I just thought I'd share with you another way type of decoration. A style that only nature can
design

 On a recent visit to one of my clients garden I could not believe how beautiful the garden looked. I was there to do the holiday decorating.  The beauty of the dried Hydrangea's and the Ornamental grasses took my breath away. This was decorating that only nature can do. 


I had designed this garden a number of years ago, and it is finally coming into it's own. The garden is beautiful during the warm season. Now the garden is beautiful in the fall and early winter, this I like.


Here we see the Ornamental grasses along the fence, A gentle cold breeze gave movement to the grasses, and to the garden, a dance of their own.


 The dry hydrangea blooms were the most amazing gold color. the garden was alive with this color, no decorating I could do could compete with this. The Limelight Hydrangea's dry blossom's seem to dance in the air above the leafless branches.


 The Hydrangea's and grasses are set off by a background of evergreens, a perfect color combination. In the spring and summer the garden is alive with pink's and purples, now the garden has taken on a whole new color scheme

This garden is a real example of a garden should have many seasons of interest. No lights needed here.
Dance on, dance on.

No comments:

Post a Comment