Monday, December 2, 2013

Jane's

This post is about my client and friend Jane
 Sadly, Jane sold her house.

 
For years I've been in charge of maintenance of this small urban garden which mostly consisted of weeding and pruning the boxwood shrubs, this was a low maintenance garden.


Though plant material palette in this garden is limited I always love the simplicity of it. Green and white garden are one of my favorites


Annabelle hydrangeas grow beautiful here with boxwood's keeping everything in check, a sense of order is achieved here.


The Myrtle  has the same small leaf texture as the box, the two together work well. When the Myrtle is in bloom the boxwood seem to float in a river of periwinkle blue. The Cornus Kusa dogwood picks up the color of the Hydrangeas.


The lines of the boxwood are softened by the billowing Hydrangeas.


The backyard is also simple in the color palette. A carved piece of granite that holds water sits atop a stone.


The drive way is lined with limbed up Pear trees, a wall of white blooms in the spring in a sea of Myrtle.


The stone wall gave the feeling of a sunken garden. A fire pit created by her son replaced a pond.
A huge grove of Oakleaf Hydrangeas was stunning in bloom.


Even though Jane's yard was small and simple in color and plant material it was one of my most favorite, I'll miss visiting with Jane there. 

The new home and garden owner hired me to continue working in this yard, and Jane just bought a new home with a even larger yard that we'll start designing this spring...... this I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment