Sunday, February 27, 2011

In The Beginning(my first garden)




We all have to start somewhere with our gardens.  We start small, we plant the wrong plants, we listen to people who don't have a clue and we get in over our head. This is a picture of one of my early gardens....plastic pink flamingos,  the planter made from an old tire and all those annuals....Loved it

A lot of what we have in our gardens depends on our budgets.  My patio umbrella came from a dumpster behind a restaurant. When you are a young Gardener with a limited budget you learn ways to acquire plants, oh the stories I could tell you....... all in beauty's sake.

Gardening is the only art that is constantly changing, moving.......growing. It is best to have a plan in the beginning, but if you're a true gardener you wont stick to it, why should you?

One of my earliest influences came from a neighbor, I later learned that a lot of her gardening practices were wrong, but she loved to garden,and she loved her yard......and that's all that really matters.

Another great influence was my mother,it's important to share your love with the ones you love. Boy what she put up with.

I think she enjoyed it, after all  look at what she taught me.

In the beginning you will make some mistakes. Explore other gardens, read, watch, experiment learn. Your sure to have some happy accidents along the way. Have fun, I sure do.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Eddie... I can hardly wait to see what you come up with for "our garden"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most of us that are passonate gardeners were influenced by our lovely mothers! Love the pics of your mom!!

    ReplyDelete