Saturday, December 15, 2012

A winter garden

Not all my clients desire the somewhat gaudiness that is associated with Christmas winter pots, they desire a more subdued look to winter,  no red or green balls here please....I'm happy to accommodate them.

Winter pots must be ready to withstand the winter ahead, the materials used must be strong and resilient. Just as important they must be beautiful.
These pots include a mix of live and artificial elements.

Apples and pears for the winter? sure why not.  The assortment of fruit is not real, there fore it will last throughout the winter. My clients will enjoy this look from their house.
  
White washed Eucalyptus and snowballs of Styrofoam. Each pot has lights to illuminate them as well as miniature  twinkle lights on the evergreens and the plant climbers.

Winters here in Michigan are long and dark. The white Eucalyptus will bring some light to the garden at a time when daylight is at a minimum.

Do winter pots need to be white like snow....I think not. At a time when so much of the landscape is brown, tan, and beige it's nice to have some color in the garden.

Snow will completely change the look of these pots ....That's a look I look forward to seeing.
COME ON SNOW!!

Southern Magnolia is a material not of my region. The cut branches can withstands our Michigan weather. I love the look and plan on using more in the future.


If you look closely at this picture you will see the Eucalyptus berries. This is my first year using them, the fragrance is unbelievable. I'm sure if they withstand the winter ahead I'll be using more of them.

Enjoy the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment